Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Dark Tower Gets Javier Bardem as Roland Deschain

The Dark Tower Gets Javier Bardem as Roland Deschain

Javier Bardem has landed the lead role of Roland Deschain in Ron Howard's upcoming film adaptation of Stephen King's book series, The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, Book 1)

.
The deal is said to contain solidifying Bardem for 3 movies in the series, which will be followed up by a TV miniseries. A well-placed source confirmed The New York Post,

“Bardem has signed on to the first movie and the miniseries, but the intention is that he will star in all three movies and each of the TV series. It's an enormous deal for any actor, but Bardem was always the first choice."


The story follows "Gunslinger" Deschain as he travels through an Old West-like landscape in search of the mythical Dark Tower to save civilization.

The Dark Tower comes to theaters May 17th, 2013. The film is directed by Ron Howard.

I think it’s a great choice for the role, but I can’t say I’m looking forward to the films. I tried but couldn’t finish the books. I felt that the whole series started to go downhill with Wizard and Glass (The Dark Tower, Book 4)

I cheated and read spoiler reviews on the last two books in the series. These spoilers made me glad that I didn’t read any more of them. It also made me think that King was clutching at straws when he got past The Waste Lands (The Dark Tower, Book 3)


Burn up to 60% of your body fat

No comments:

Post a Comment