Thursday, June 23, 2011

Clive Barker Present: The Sickness - A Trailer With Bite




Help support independant film. This project is currently on >KickstarterIt sounds like not only an amazing short film, but a labor of true love for its creator. Their goal is $7500.00. They currently have 19 backers and $2,085.00 with 27 days to go. Hell even if its a buck help them out.

About this project

The Sickness is about a young woman, named Karen Hamer, who contracts a mysterious and vicious illness that leaves her no choice but to find a cure by any means necessary. So, with the aid of her Fiance, Clay Bonham, she embarks on a psychotic cross country road trip, and in the process, lays waste to everything she encounters.

Allow me give you the history of this project, from Beginning to Kickstarter:

I wrote this fresh out of college and for years this movie has been my baby. All I've wanted to do was make horror movies. And since it's inception, I've wanted to start with this one. But, as sometimes happens, life takes you on detours. Fortunately, those detours brought me to the brilliant and kind-hearted Clive Barker. From the very first time we met, we bonded, and through the years our friendship has only grown stronger.


About a year ago, I adapted one of his novellas into a screenplay. If you haven't read "The Adventures of Maximillian Bacchus and his Traveling Circus," I can't recommend it enough. Hopefully, someday the movie will get made. And though the script has yet to sell, it did however, open a big door for me. It got me an agent and a manager. And it was my agent who informed me that one of the best ways to get an independent movie off the ground is to film a trailer.

So I showed my script for The Sickness to Clive and his resident make up effects team, Stephen Imhoff and Cris Alex. They went nuts for it and offered to help in any way possible. I couldn't believe it. I still can't. With an offer like that, I'd be a fool to say no. So here we are.

The budget for the trailer is bare bones. All of the money will go into makeup effects, locations, permits, and food. Everyone else involved has agreed to do this for the love of the project, and of course a sandwich or two. Then, once the trailer is filmed and edited together, we plan on showing it to investors. If they like what they see, The Sickness could soon find its way to a theater near you.

I'm incredibly grateful for this opportunity. It's a dream come true.



Visit Cubicle Prisoner Films

No comments:

Post a Comment