Monday, June 13, 2011

Sung Kang Joins Untitled Sylvester Stallone/Walter Hill Project


Get Ripped in 90 Days




I'll be honest...I missed this news from last month until just now. It seems that Thomas Jane is/was being released from Joel Silver's latest project Headshot so that he could pair Stallone with an African-American actor to try and play off of his past success with Lethal Weapon and The Last Boy Scout.

No official word on Jane's status yet, but Fast Five and Ninja Assassin star Sung Kang has join the project. There is speculation that he may be taking on Jane's role. The title of the film was also dropped, so now it's back to being Untitled Walter Hill Project.

It's based on the graphic novel Bullet to the Head SC and stars Stallone as a New Orleans hitman who teams up with a New York City cop to take down a common enemy. Jane had officially signed to play the Cop. The latest news of Kang joining the project doesn't mention Jane and states only that Kang will play a major supporting role.

I myself would have stayed with Thomas Jane (depending on contract negotitations) alothough honestly I would have switched their roles. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but with this cast change I'm no where near as excited to see this as I was before.

Untitled Sylvester Stallone/Walter Hill Project comes to theaters in 2012 and stars Sylvester Stallone, Sung Kang.



Visit Cubicle Prisoner Films

No comments:

Post a Comment